Let’s Work Together!
Thanks for thinking of me- I am always glad to hear from businesses who would like to collaborate. If your market is Australian tourism and/or the expat market, I think we would be a good fit.
Brands/Websites I have worked with:
• Sydney BridgeClimb
• Expatsblog.com & Expatarrivals.com
• ICS Digital
• Pure FX UK, currency exchange
A talented freelance writer and recent finalist in Navigator Paper’s ‘Around the World in Eighty Pages’ international travel writing contest, Katie can make your product, experience, or hotel come to life through fun and engaging writing. I am also open to freelance work or guest posts on other sites.
Other recent work includes:
We are about two things here: helping expats and unusual and quirky Australian travel experiences. With the exchange rate strongly favoring the American dollar and low international airfares, there has never been a better time for Americans to travel to Australia. Whether coming over for a working holiday, relocation visa, or just for a holiday, travelers are keen to learn about Australia and make the most of their time here.
With a blog focusing on Sydney and Australian travel, and expat issues, as Katie is originally from the US and now residing in Sydney, most readers come from Australia, UK, and the US, and are either residing in Australia, or planning a move down under.
The Accidental Australian is featured on several high traffic expat websites, driving traffic from interested expats. With a rapidly growing social media following (Instagram followers have increased 40% in the past two months, and a 9% engagement level (well above the 3% average, as of March 2017), my followers are interested and avid social media users. As we continue to grow, The Accidental Australian is becoming a premium destination for unique travel ideas and expat planning.
Who Do I Work With?
I am interested in honest and meaningful relationships that will benefit us both, a ‘quick dollar’ is not my endgame- rather, I want to provide my readers with information, ideas, and tips that will help them love Australia as much as I do, and will hopefully encourage them to check out your amazing business or product.
I’ll only recommend something I really enjoy myself, and I am always truthful with readers.
Please contact me to discuss your ideas in more detail, I am very open to any sort of collaboration, big or small, or bespoke project, as long as it fits into my ethos of the site, and would be of genuine interest to my readers.
- Invite me along to check out your restaurant, hotel, zip-lining adventure, or coffee shop. My readers are always looking for new things to do in Sydney or the surrounding area, and I’d be glad to provide an honest and fun review about your amazing experience. For a recent example, please have a look at my collab with Sydney BridgeClimb
- Press Trips- Let’s explore Australia together- I will provide daily social media posts and blog posts on my experience.
- Product Reviews- Have a shipping or money exchange company, new American restaurant, or a business that caters to expats? I’d be happy to try it out.
- Contests, giveaways, or sponsored posts.
Drop me a line at email@example.com to request a media kit, or to discuss an idea. I look forward to hearing from you!